Monday, September 25, 2017

September 25, 1967: Shots

Diary entry for September 25, 1967:

Went to doctor. Infection is fine, but I had to take a flu shot. So did David Wayne. Then David Wayne and I went to see where Dave worked. That night ate supper at Sizzler. The food was good. David Wayne had another nightmare at night.

Incidentally, Dad worked at Pacific Employers Insurance Company which was located at 4050 Wilshire Boulevard, at the corner of Wilshire and South Norton Avenue. It was 1.5 miles from our apartment, so about a 30-minute walk which Mom mentioned doing earlier during our stay. Based on some pictures in the photo album it was about a ten-story building.

At historicaerials dot com the building is still there in 2004, but it's a construction site in 2005 for what is there now, which is Wilshire Park Elementary School.

Hmmm, another nightmare for me. I don't think I ever heard about these, and I definitely don't remember having nightmares, so I guess I stopped having them soon after this.

Another fancy night out on the town at Sizzler. Mom didn't complain this time. Maybe the pregnancy is affecting her appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment