Thursday, September 14, 2017

September 14, 1967: Bubble Escapade

Diary entry for September 14, 1967:


Washed in AM then got my hair cut. Bought a few groceries, a "bubble paddle" for David Wayne, then I drove to pick up Dave at work. We ate supper and then watched "The Great Escape" on TV.

The bubble paddle Mom bought me today was probably one of those sets that had some large paddles you would dip into a shallow tray holding bubble solution, then wave around to create one or more bubbles depending on the number of holes in the paddle itself. That should not be confused with the Paddle Bubble game shown at this YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSVWorwuwl4. It is unlikely (but not impossible) that my bubble paddle had a space age coating that was bubble compliant. (See 0:40 mark in video.)

"The Great Escape" is an excellent movie released in 1963. Apparently it made it to the small screen four years after its release. I hope my turtle didn't watch it and get any bright ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment