Friday, August 25, 2017

August 25, 1967: Homebound

Diary entry for August 25, 1967: Homebound


I did not feel well today so we did not do anything. We stayed home at night, too.

Looks like Mom just can't shake this creeping crud, whatever it is.

The bad news is that there isn't much of anything in this diary entry. The good news is that I found another photo album yesterday that has lots of pictures from our time in Los Angeles, and some other relevant pictures. So on slow news days like today, I will reward my loyal followers with one or more pictures that I would have posted earlier if I had known I had them. On the blog itself I'm going to update the older entries as well. I may try that with the Facebook page, too, if it doesn't cause notifications to go out for those updates.

In today's Wayback Time Machine we revisit my post from July 21, 1967, the day we moved into our apartment. Here is a photo of the front of the apartment building. You can see some of "215" in the upper left corner. The stonework around the stairs appears to still be there as of 2017.




And here is a photo of me standing outside our apartment building on January 7, 1968. This must be the north side of the building. Don't I look stylish in my white button-down shirt, brown pants with wide belt, white socks, and brown sandals or moccasin slippers?





No comments:

Post a Comment