Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 1967: Mandingo hot

Diary entry for August 14, 1967:


Do not feel well today. I am reading "Mandingo." Hot and tired feeling.

We may have had too much fun in the sun this weekend, as Mom's not feeling well again. And although in the most recent letter Mom said "Drum" was too dirty for my grandmother to read, apparently it wasn't so dirty that Mom didn't want to read the prequel.

There were actually two pieces of mail sent to my grandmother on August 11. In addition to the previously mentioned letter there was a birthday card from me to her. Her birthday happens to be today, August 14. She would have been 101 today, so she turned 51 years old in 1967. Here are scans of the front and inside of the card.





I would estimate the fuzz on the bunny (everything white) to be at least 98% intact, which is pretty impressive given its age. My fuzz from 1967 is long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment