Wednesday, August 16, 2017

August 16, 1967: New driver

Diary entry for August 16, 1967:

I drove the car for the first time today - even backed it out of garage. I drove to Von's grocery and then to Beverly Blvd. and got David Wayne a little car. I left the car parked in front of apartment. Dave took us to a Penney's store at night. We got a mattress pad for David Wayne's bed. Then we drove through Griffith Park. We found the zoo. It was a lovely drive.

It's hard to believe we were in the apartment almost four weeks before Mom drove the car. She did like to reminisce about how proud she was of herself for finally getting the nerve to back the car out of the garage. As I mentioned previously, it took some maneuvering to get that boat (Pontiac Bonneville) in and out of the garage under our building.

I guess Better Foods didn't have quite enough foods yesterday so we had to go to another grocery store today.

My bed, as I recall, was a folding metal cot. So any additional padding was probably very beneficial.

No mention of hippies during this drive through Griffith Park. Maybe I scared them all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment