Thursday, January 18, 2018

January 18, 1968: Giant doctor

Letter postmarked January 18, 1968 (Part 2, dated January 17):

This is the second part of the January 18 letter. This part was written on January 17.


Well, I just got home from doctor.

[At this point I am redacting two sentences that aren't really that big a deal and we're all grownups, after all. But it's some medical stuff people generally don't broadcast and I'd honestly rather hear Mom talk about bras than what she said about this doctor visit. You're welcome.]


He also checked the iron count - says it's better and I took my last shot for that. I told him I'd been getting dizzy - he said it's natural and I might have it more so because of anemia. I go back the 31st of January.


I'm enclosing a couple of pictures - neither one I'm proud of. The one by the "Jolly Green Giant Footprint rug" is where he's wearing the outfit you sent him. He was feeling really silly that night.


[The date on the back of that picture is January 13, 1968.]

[What, me silly? I guess I grew out of that eventually.]

[We have another decent view of my bed in that picture. Also, I had forgotten about this picture when the Jolly Green Giant Rug was mentioned a few letters ago.]


The other one shows the pants and belt that Linda and Wayne got him. It is blurred because he was hopping around - had to go to bathroom. Can't you almost see him doing a little dance?

[We've seen that picture before, in the August 25, 1967 diary entry. Now we know why I had that awesome pose.]

[The pictures included with this letter explain the 10 cent Postage Due stamp on this envelope. Mom must not have had a postal scale. Also, I noticed that the amount of postage on these airmail envelopes went up from 8 cents to 10 cents at the first of the year. I did find confirmation on the internets that first class postage (regular mail, not airmail) when up from 5 cents to 6 cents on January 7, 1968.]


Must go as I'm about ready for a nap. Take care and write often.
Love,
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment