Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23, 1967: Bad mood

Diary entry for July 23, 1967:

Took a day of rest. We did go to the grocery store again and buy a few things. Dave got in a bad mood and it turned out very badly. David Wayne was the most upset over it all - he cried and cried.

Well, that's unfortunate. I guess life isn't always sunshine and rainbows.

As I was pondering this project I knew I would likely run across some things that might be a little uncomfortable to read, and then need to decide on a case-by-case basis whether or not to publish those sections. I don't mind posting embarrassing stuff about five-year-old me, but I know I need to be considerate of the feelings of others since Mom wasn't writing all this for a broad audience. This diary entry was a good first example to deal with, and I don't think Mom would be mortified by having it published.

Fortunately I don't remember this incident at all, and when I think back on my childhood I really can't recall any occasions where I got upset over my parents arguing in front of me. Dad was fairly new to this parenting gig at this point, having married Mom less than a year ago. So maybe my parents soon learned how to avoid letting their disagreements get to the point where I became upset. I know other children are not so fortunate.

And that's a wrap on week 1 in Los Angeles. It ended on a bad note, but at least we got here and we're getting settled into our apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment