Sunday, July 30, 2017

July 30, 1967: Anniversary

Diary entry for July 30, 1967:
Today is our anniversary. We opened our gifts about 2:00. I received a beautiful necklace with a diamond in it. I gave Dave a money clip with engraving on it. David Wayne gave him a shower soap and cord. Then we went riding. Drove by Griffith Park and we found a Penney's store. Then we drove out to Santa Monica Beach. It was very cool by the water. David Wayne loved it. We also had some champagne to celebrate.

Although this was Mom and Dad's first anniversary, they both seem to have eschewed the traditional first anniversary gifts of paper, with Mom jumping all the way to the 50th (gold) and Dad jumping a little further to the 60th (diamond). (I'll have more to say about these particular gifts in the near future.)

I'm pretty sure we will revisit Griffith Park during our stay in Los Angeles. Likewise, Mom will probably revisit the Penney's store. Maybe she'll mention buying some more lingerie.

I'm 99% sure this was my first visit to a beach, so I'm sure I was fascinated by it.

I'm glad this Sunday ended on a much happier note than last Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment