Thursday, November 9, 2017

November 9, 1967: GP card

Envelope postmarked November 9, 1967:

The CCZCC is now at 2.

Mom sent two pieces of mail postmarked November 9, 1967. One was the letter we've already gone over, and the other was a card for my grandmother to celebrate the birth of her second grandchild the previous day, my cousin Steven.

Here's a scan of the front:




And here's a scan of the inside:




Here is what Mom wrote on the inside, with a few comments from me:


I thought after the dreary letter I wrote this morning, I better let you know I really am not contemplating suicide.
You must admit that this card makes a lot of sense. Share it with Mrs. Childress as I wanted to get her one also. The store didn't have another one and I don't have her address anyway.

[Mrs. Childress was Aunt Linda's mother (Steven's maternal grandmother.)]


I wish I could be there to welcome Steven Wayne into the family. I guess it's best I'm not, as I'd have him spoiled within two weeks - my husband thinks I'm very good in that respect.
I hope for Linda and Wayne's sake that the middle name is all that our sons have in common.

[Hey, I heard that.]


I asked Wayne and Linda to do something for me, but in case they forget . . . you give Steven Wayne an antiseptic from
Aunt Linda
Uncle David
&
Cousin David Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment